Friends:

Early on in my list membership, I wanted my parents to ask some questions of
Dad's neuro at  their next appointment.  He was receptive to them asking
questions, but when they mentioned that I subscribed to this list, he
commented essentially that "there's some pretty crazy stuff on that list".
That comment effectively eliminated my parent's interest in hearing
information that I gleaned from the list.  I continue to stay on the list
because it helps me, 1,500 miles away from my parents, to know as much as I
can about the disease, and to be part of this cyber support-group.  I do
believe that if the medical establishment views this list positively, as a
useful clearinghouse for patient and caregiver information, it enriches the
relationship that members can have with their physician.  If, on the other
hand, we are perceived as a bunch of cranks, I know from personal experience
that it makes it harder.

Please remember how large the ripple of information and comments we're all
exchanging is within the much broader Parkinson's community.  I appreciate
the efforts of many on the list to protect our collective vulnerability.

Please know in advance that I will not respond either personally or publicly
to any *flaming* resulting from my comments.

Best wishes to all,
Mary Jean Gunden

father 76/8