 Ivan Suzman        48/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses      deg. F   :-)
Dear Listmembers:

  After this morning's successful  10 AM  interview with Deirdre van ter
Schaarf, a 2nd-year student at the University of Southern Maine, I now
have caregiver coverage for  7 mornings, 5 late afternoons  and 7 nights,
including overnights.

  Only 2 short , 3-hour blocks of time,on  Mondays and Tuesdays, from 4
to 7 PM, are unassigned.  There are several prospective caregivers who
can fill these slots.

   I have fought hard for, and have qualified for Maine's Medicaid Waiver
for disabled adults to pay for 13 hours of each 24 hour day, or 91 hours
per week.  85 hours are now covered.  I am no longer at risk.

  My team is working with me on back-up coverage for holidays and
emergencies.

    A huge thank you to all, for your prayers and messages, and your
help.  Now I will be able to rest up, and give back to our community my
personal piece of the love and support I have received.

    Special thanks to Listmembers Hilary Blue, of Annandale, VIrginia,
and to Gerri Haines of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and locally, to my
caregiver team "captain," Natalie Anthony of Scarborough Maine, and to
Jeffrey Phillips of Portland, Maine, who with no advance notice, stayed
in my house for 5 nights in a row !

    I feel so much, from joyous and grateful, to awed, by what has
happened.  It has taught me how vulnerable we are!!  My ordeal could
happen to any person with Parkinson's.

   I hope that the drama that has unfolded here in Maine will teach our
List, as it has taught me, more about handling both crisis situations,
and long-term planning.

      This evening I'm actually planning on going OUT-- with Deirdre, to
a fundraising bean "suppah" here in Portland.  Life has an amazing way of
changing.  Miracles can happen. Thank God -- and Goddess.
     sincerely,

     Ivan  :-)