>Date:    Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:33:35 -0500
>From:    janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: NEWS: FDA warns new PD drug may contribute to liver failure
>
>FDA warns new Parkinson's drug may contribute to liver failure
>
>WASHINGTON (November 16, 1998 7:45 p.m. EST http://www.nandotimes.com) -- A
new drug used to treat Parkinson's disease may cause fatal liver damage and
should be reserved for severe cases where other therapies proved futile, the
government warned on Monday.

>Roche sent letters to thousands of U.S. doctors Monday explaining the new
warnings, but did not immediately say whether it would issue similar
warnings in Canada and Europe.

>By LAURAN NEERGAARD, AP Medical Writer
>Copyright 1998 Nando Media
>Copyright 1998 The Associated Press

Hi all,

I really do not understand all the panic reactions (mostly by doctors it
seems)
on the mentioning of possible liverproblems risks  when on  Tasmar.

Lauran Neergaard is misinformed concerning at least  the Netherlands.
Since Tasmar has been on the dutch market (NOT payed for by ensurance yet)
neuros have been instructed to monitor liver for possible problems,
if I remember correctly: the firstt three months every week, the second
three months
less frequent, if you then have no problem yet, you are not the one to get
it!
(I also thought I read it on the list, but there I could be wrong)

The monitoring of the liver is just a (very important) precaution, to
exclude you from any risks.
But being monitored properly, I don't see why you all suddenly should stop
taking Tasmar.
Just demand you get checked for that liver ASAP and again and again, etc.

(BTW I have no financial interest in Roche what so ever......,
or.................you must think
my 1,000,000 shares in Roche is causing too much a conflict of
interest????????????)

Hans.

P.S.:  WELL DONE BARB P., LET THEM KNOW YOUR THE BOSS!!!!!!!
(Hope this isn't considered namecalling???)    8<{))))))))))))}}}