hi ally

At 09:04 1998/11/17 EST, you wrote:
>I think there is a way for you to block emails from certain
>people... you may want to try that. Good luck...keep the faith.

thank you for your kind thoughts

there is such a 'blocking' option in my eudora e-mail software
but i would not use it in a situation like this

in my opinion, i was very close to the point of being harrassed
and i refuse to 'hide' from [i.e. concede defeat to] the harrasser

the fact that
cruder language was used under 'cover' of private e-mail
than has been used in public e-mail
seemed to me to be a form of 'bully-tactics'
which i felt was important to expose to the list

in my opinion, it is sad
that some of us feel the need to behave in such a manner
but it is also a fact of life, in the 'real' world
as well as here on the ether frontier

i believe that
life is meant to be difficult
life is meant to be challenging
so that we can face problems, make mistakes, and learn from them

i am grateful for yesterday's experiences
i have learned one or two things about cyber-life
as well as about this cyber-family
negative as well as positive
i regret none of it

i appreciate your message, ally
be assured that my 'faith' is stronger than ever

your 'like a rock' cyber-sibling

janet

janet paterson - 51/41/37 - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/