Janet ,

Thank you for this and all the previous contributions you did bring to this list. I joined this list in 1996 and since then I have appreciated yours posts where you showed to me that you are a sensitive , intelligent and articulated person and a good writer with a excellent logic to back  up yours arguments if they deem necessary.
Thanks again and best wishes ,

Joao Paulo

janet paterson wrote:

> FDA warns new Parkinson's drug may contribute to liver failure
>
> WASHINGTON (November 16, 1998 7:45 p.m. EST http://www.nandotimes.com) -- A new drug used to treat Parkinson's disease may cause fatal liver damage and should be reserved for severe cases where other therapies proved futile, the government warned on Monday.
>
> The Food and Drug Administration approved Hoffman-La Roche's Tasmar last January. But recently the agency learned of three deaths from severe liver damage, and on Monday ordered Roche to put the government's strongest warning on the drug's label.
>
> Don't stop taking Tasmar without first talking to your doctor, the FDA stressed to patients. Abruptly quitting the drug can lead to a rebound of Parkinson's symptoms or other side effects, so patients deemed too much at risk for the drug must be weaned off.

<snipped>

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+