Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:03:44 -0800
From: "J. R. Bruman" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: New Selegiline-Study Results

SJS wrote:
> At the PharminfoBytes website, I just read the results of a new study about
> suspected links between selegiline and the risk of mortality, and you might
> want to read it. The web-adress for the article is
> http://pharminfo.com/pubs/msb/seleg252.html .

I don't know how "new" the referenced study is (haven't had time to
read the web page carefully) but the original announcement provoked
a rather acrimonious debate, documented in the scientific journals
for the past year or two. Some attacked the analysis method of the
British group, and the counterpart U.S. group has reported that their
13-year followup of the 800+ DATATOP subjects doesn't show any
significant mortality increase. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694