I accidentally posted part of a letter a few digests ago. I
just wanted to say that the Christmas/Christian spirit is
alive and well. I have been very down but yesterday lifted
my spirits enormously. I was phoning around trying to find
someone who would hook up the phone jack in my room for
less than the outrageous phone co. charges. By sheer (Luck?)
I picked a fellow who said his son was working in my area.
He came right over, took me outside and let me watch as he
made the necessary connections. He was a big man in more
ways than one. I asked him how much I owed he said nothing.
I have a leather jacket that is much too big for me, I asked
him if he might be interested. He looked at it and asked how
much. I said $100? He tried it on but his arms stuck way too
far out. He told me it was a beautiful jacket, why was I selling
it. I told him I was trying to get some money together for xmas
shopping before I declare bankruptcy.
He said, I'll tell you what I'll do. He reached for his wallet,
I'm ashamed to admit I thought he was going to make some ridculous
offer. Instead he handed me two $50 bills and said "You keep your
coat" I didn't know what to say, I've never seen that kind of kindness.
All I could think of to give him was a bunch of my poems.
I don't want to talk about anything negative, but just a suggestion.
I scan through all the digests and when you see all the insults flying
back and forth for awhole digest... Perhaps in the future, when two
people strongly disagree to the point where it dominates the group,
take it outside. Use your personal e-mail please.
Bill(:o)