Bill Harrington wrote:

>RE: My poem  "A Tough Question". I'm glad you liked it.
>RE: Publishing it. I am presently working on a book with
>my great friend Lillian Dyck. We had a book/portfolio
>pulbished by a fellow in Texas. It combined some of our
>pieces of my poetry and Lillian's art. It came out quite
>impressive but at a cost of over $300 US! to print, it
>comes in a leather binder, has matted pieces ready for
>framing if desired.
SNIPPED
>It's just I'm going through a tough time right now.
>I'm alone in a big city in a small group home, far from
>friends and family, battling to stay out of the hospital.
>Also having vowed to quit gambling as I am an addict, it is
>my second disease. It has left me ready to declare bankruptcy
>as my only umiliating alternative. I went public and appeared
>in the Victoria paper in a article about obsessive gambling that
>was picked and ran in places as far away as Toronto and my home
>town the Soo, Sault STe. Marie. Now the pressure...
>Now, I'm not sure I should send this, I just was touched by the
>response to Ivan's dilemma (been there, done that). My health
>is slipping, I'm not sure if its the flu or my meds need changing
>again. I can't get a second Pallidotomy or DBS and I am sosick
>of pills!!
>I am just realizing that I will likely be sick, poor and alone
>the rest of my life and my dream of leaving a legacy behind me,
>a book that wou

Bill---I am concerned about the interrupted post from you---I hope you are
feeling better now.
The book project and art exhibit sound great--but how frustrating not to be
able to proceed as you want to with it.   Your courage in coinfrointing and
admitting the gambling addiction is impressive, and I wonder if you have
connected with Gamblers Anonymous?   I feel your post got lost in the blitz
of unpleasantness we have been through on the list, and wanted you to know
you were "heard" here.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9+
Oxford, Ohio

           *     Ask  me about the  "CARE " list    *
           *     for caregivers of Parkinsonians   *