        I also thought the Dateline program was very good. It gave viewers a lot
of information on PD and deep brain stimulation, but made it clear that
this is not a cure, and that results vary. Just as Bob said, at times,it
was also difficult to watch. For us, we felt that we were looking into
our future, and although it was difficult, it  was also something that I
needed to face up to. But one comment I know I will always remember is
that one of the reasons the woman in the report did so well was her
attitude. She never gave up - she kept on fighting.
        The web site is also very well done, but a little difficult to find from
the NBC homepage. You  link from NBC to Shows to Dateline to On Air.  The
exact address for "Calming the Temors"  is
http://msnbc.com/news/214579.asp
It presents a good summary of the program, the symptons of PD and
information on DBS. There are links to all the Parkinson's organization
(except PAN), Emory, and to Medtronics Web site. At the end you are asked
to rate the program on a scale of 1 to 7, and then see the results of the
polls for recent Dateline segments. As of this morning - "Calming the
tremor" tied for first place (6.28 out of 7). Let's hope this means
people were watching, and learning.

Linda Herman