The Dateline piece that aired last night was truly a masterpiece on several
counts.  Dateline took this piece very seriously , wanting to portray it
truthfully without the sensationalism of a MIRACLE.  They worked on this piece
for over year waiting patiently so that an accurate picture could be portrayed
of this fine lady's outcome.

Of course, all of you who know me know that I am very blatantly prejudiced
towards Emory.  I believe Neurologist/Neurophsyiologist Jerrold Vitek, M.D.,
PhD and Neurosurgeon Roy Bakay, M.D. to be masters at this technique as well
as other .surgical procedures for PD.  I  trusted them with my life 5 y ears
ago with my hugely successful Pallidotomy and I have worked by their sides for
almost 5 years learning from them as well as teaching them things about a
person with parkinson that can't be found in a textbook.  The Emory approach
is a team approach with the patient being the most important member of that
team.

I ha ve  also the priviledge of meeting the incredible lady of which the
.   story was about.  Although I did noot work on this particular case, I had
the good fortune to meet with her twice - once after each of her procedures.
I can vouch for the validity of  the outcome of both procedures. I can also
tell you that she is a beautiful , witty, incredible lady with the true
fighting Parkinson spirit that we all strive for.

To NBC, Jerry Vitek, Roy Bakay and the rest of their team(Claus, Shirley, Jim,
VeeJay and the rest that I am unintentionally leaving out) and our Parkinson
Queen for the day.........BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO

Terrie Whitling 44/16