In a message dated 11/16/98 12:43:23 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  Glasses must be
 rotated and prisms used for that eye.   Anybody have any thoughts on this.
 His biggest problem with Parkinson's is balance.  I have also been noticing
 some problems with depth perception.

Virginia,
Here is my best shot, given the time I have.  Start by understanding that the
brain doesn't like double or otherwise screwy vision-big time.  That is why
when a baby's optical muscles are messed up, the condition must be caught, and
one eye patched.  Otherwise, the infant will develop amblyopia-a permanent
type of blindness in one eye.  Basically, the brain selects the information
coming from one eye, goes with that as gospel, and learns to ignore the other.

Ironically, it is the normal, slightly different view coming in from the two
eyes, which the brain compares to perceive depth.

I imagine your husbands glasses are rather critical to his well being.  His
uncorrected, much more than normal difference in optical input probably makes
life difficult.

Regards,
WHH 55/19