In a message dated 11/17/98 11:13:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< It is now 11 PM  Just finished watching Dateline  I am trying to
 put my thoughts and feelings here - it ain't easy  If any of you
 watched the program - how many were dry-eyed - I can't see very
 well. The impact of the show on me was tremendous. This is what is
 needed to get the message to John Q. Public. If I ramble forgive
 me. I saw my Cecily in the woman ( I can't remember her name )
 altho she was worse than Cec. Cec can walk quite well when she is
 OK and feeds herself quite well now.  The thing that hurts me the
 most is that Cecily cannot have any of the brain surgery
 treatments because of the stroke she had in Aug.  I can't say any
 more - forgive an old man for his rambles. I'm going to bed now -
 hope I can sleep.
 Bob Anibal >>

Bob,

You're not the only one who was emotionally dry by the end of the
show...actually, for me it was just after the first segment. I'm new to this,
my dad only recently diagnosed, and I told him about the show. He watched it
alone. I wish I knew how it had affected him.

Hang in there Bob...I'm hangin' right along side of you.

Ally