Bill,
Re: compulsive behavior after a pallidotomy.
I had very successful bilateral pallidotomies just about three years ago.
About a year ago I too developed some compulsive behavior traits that almost
cost me my marriage. The behavior became addictive and I wound up having to
seek professional help.  Talked about this with my Neuro, Rodger Elble (SIU
School of Med, Springfield, IL).  He has a theory re: the affects of
pallidotomy--the globus pallidus is crucial to the facillitation of desired
movement and  behavior and the suppression of undesired movement and behavior.
Thus it makes sense to him that a lesion and parkinsonian dysfunction would
lead to behavior
changes.

 if you want to talk about this further contact me at [log in to unmask]

Tom Kelly  49/30/28
Man is the only creature
endowed with the power
of laughter--use it.