My mother Joyce (69, striatonigral degeneration) see Dr. Fazzini. In an
e-mail correspondence with him he said the following:

"get a blood test for IGF-1 (somatomedin-c). If it is low normal or below
normal I would suggest growth hormone injections. ..
BUT a three month supply costs $1200 and it is not proven just my gut
feeling
(and other patients have demonstrated some improvement in weight, muscle
strength and well being) that this trophic substance may help to slow the
progression of all degenerative neurological disorders. Again, no
guarantees
and the medication is expensive and NOT insurance reimbursible. It is safe
and
is worth a shot SOOOOO get the blood test."

I've tried to get my mother to go for the IGF-1 blood test, but she ain't
buying it. Please let me know if you decided to go their route. Good luck.

Debbie White