We were gone for two days( I spent 2 hours reading and deleting from the list
last night), sorry I missed all the hellabaloo(spelling, sound it
phonetically).  I hope it's over.  To make a long story short,(my famous
line), Brig's cousin had tickets to the Montel Williams' show, wanted us to go
along.  We had to go and stay over night because we live 95 miles away from NY
and the taping was at 9:15 am. We left NJ at 6:15am to get to NY by 8:30 or
later, with our tape under Brig's arm.(Always pushing for someone to listen).
There was an actual ulterior motive to this whole thing, but please don't tell
anyone.  We got there after 2 trains and one subway, constantly worrying
whether Brig will make it, then walked 4 blocks to the studio.  OK, she had
VIP tickets, which meant we stood in line outside until 9:15, then we went and
waited, sat, stood, whatever, until 11:15. Taping until, we left at 1:15.
Guess what, we did get the tape and short plea into producer's hands, her real
hands.  The first comment was, then we have to feature all diseases and we
can't possibly do that.  But Brig and I kept insisting that if she would just
look at this, then give it to him to look at, the both of them would be
moved......
Our son graduated with him in l980 from US Naval Academy and there again, we
hoped some influence would help, however, I don't know if that made any
difference.
We went for the Ali being a champion, wouldn't he like to be a champion along
with him, that was what we used on Oprah, (it didn't work on her.)
We got back to NJ at 2:30, ate lunch and were on the road again by 4:00, back
in the valley by 6:00 exhausted, but we did it.  They have the tape, and I
will write the gal again on Friday, to put the tape in her memory, and will
continue to remind her over the next weeks and months.
Here's Montel's address:
The Montel Williams Show
433 West 53rd St.
NY,NY 10019
WRITE:  I have no e-mail address, or phone except one for tickets  (212)
830=0364, the two gals, we spoke to were Mary and Marni......no last names of
course.
Gerry and Brig 59/12