Phil
I am in a similar situation to yours, added to by the fact that I take sinemet
every one and a half hours. My first warning to you is "beware of
Thanksgiving!"  I suffered badly last year, and it was only in retrospect that
I realized what was the problem. - Turkey. Every time I walked past the
fridge, I tollk a little nibble of turkey.  So I was having a constant supply
of protein.  I must have reduced the useful, absorbed quantity of sinemet by
at least half - I felt almost as if I had stopped taking any medication at
all. The effect was dramatic and almost immediate.
Otherwise, I try to keep protein at a minimum during the day - cereal (usually
raisin bran) for breakfast, salad or veg. soup for lunch, and fruit in-between
meals if I am starving. And then my protein I eat at the evening meal -
usually some sort of meat and veg.  If I am doing something in the evening,
either I put off eating till afterwards, or I take my protein at lunchtime
that day, and know that the afternoon will be a washout.  Of course, the
arithmetic of the whole situation is impossible - don't eat for an hour after
taking medication, and wait 2 ours after eating before taking medication - and
take the darn medication eery hour and a half. Go figure!  So sometimes I just
give up, and eat when the food is there, regardless of whether it is pill time
 or not. But usually I try to separate pills and food as much as possible.
Hope that helps you,
Hilary Blue