Good morning Phil:
>>> Phil Tompkins <[log in to unmask]> 11/19/98
10:22am >>>
has become increasingly difficult to walk the narrow line
between too little and too much levodopa and to achieve that
delicate balance between PD symptoms on the one hand
and drug-induced dyskinesia on the other,
I'm wondering to what degree food intake is a factor.<<<<<
        *                    *                *                 *
Phil-
     There was a recent study (reported in the "Parkinson's
Disease Update" - #93) that measured food intake against
SinemetCR efficacy and absorption.
     The conclusion was - the time of meal ingestion is
important to the quality of levodopa absorption.  The
recommendation was to take the CR 30 minutes BEFORE
meals for best benefit.
     If you would like a copy of the reprot summary - e-mail
me your street address.
Stephan 54/8