M. Dawn-

You have raised an excellant question.  You are doing what is right by asking
your questions.  If you want I would like to help you find a support group in
your area to help you answer any questions and to meet with others who share
your concerns.  If you like you can leave me a message at 1-800-538-8899 ext.
6104.  I am a pharmacist and I attend support groups throughout the state of
Ohio and offer education and information to the members regarding drug
therapy.

My opinion regarding your question is that if you do have Parkinson's and as
you taper off of Sinemet you will notice symptoms of Parkinson's.  If this
occurs you should contact your doctor immediately.  My recommendation is to
keep a diary throughout the day to review with your doctor.  Also inform your
doctor of any symptoms that arise as you taper the dose.

I hope I could help,

Dominic