My husband, who has had Parkinsons disease for many years, and been
diagnosed for 10, and I really appreciated the excellent and well-balanced
presentation on Dateline the other night.  Too often,  the media  highlight
a piece of new research without the caveats you included, with the result
that people think the disease has been licked!  Wish that were true----but
there is hope, especially for younger Persons With Parkinsons, that surgery
and new medications may buy time till a cure is found.  You rightly pointed
out that everyone is different, what helps one patient may not work or may
even cause problems for another.   While I do not think the sub-thalamic
stimulation surgery would be appropriate for him at the age of 80, it would
surely help many others, and I hope can soon be approved. Thanks again to
Robert Bazell and all involved in producing this fine program.

Peter C. and Camilla H. Flintermann
6135 Fairfield Rd., #25, Oxford,OH, 45056