Hello Tim
every PWP is unique and their freezing varies
what I say is 100% true for my freezing only
There should be lots of information in the archives of the list
Anne Rutherford 64 dx1980

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Tim Hodgens wrote:

> In a message dated 98-11-19 12:13:03 EST, Camilla Flintermann wrote:
>
> >Laurie asked about "freezing".  This happens (in more advanced PWPS?)  when
> >the feet seem to be stuck to the floor, mobility is very difficult--often
> >in a tight spot like a doorway.  There are many tips on how to get moving
> >again.  Peter had no problem with this until this year, and it is gradually
> >increasing.
>

> Some Questions:

> When freezing occurs how long does it last?
A a short time only. but it can re occur with the next step

> After onset of freezing, does it progress in length of duration or does it
> tend to stay about as long as at time of onset?
A my freezes have stayed about the same for several years
I think they were lessened with the pallidotomy but are coming back

> Does the mind/thinking process freeze at this time also...two questions
> actually, does the mind freeze in the sense that initiation of
> thinking/trouble shooting also gets stuck,
A some times I have to calm myself and think clearly about how best to
initiate movement It doesn't help if 3 other people are issuing
contradictory instructions

 and/or does the mind freeze in the
> sense of a panic and everything stops but the heart is beating faster, palms
> sweat, etc.
A only when a freight train is coming at me

> Does the freezing literally start with the toe joint, and progress to the
> ankle joint, to the knee joint, etc, or is it not possible to discern this?
A Have you ever been to a country fair and stepped on a really huge wad of
bubble gum that someone has just left on the pathway ??? your foot and
shoe are instantly glued to the ground. Sticky foot is another name for
it.

> Do the eyes freeze at the same time...in the sense that you (seem to) lose the
> ability to move the eyes from e.g., left to right and back again.
A only my feet if standing. Start hesitation is another name for it.
It is a different feeling  if you are sitting  and can't get up.

> If the feet are "freezing" are the fingers also "frozen?"
AI don't know  I'll have to see if hand won't move.

Icould write a book on freezing. Yet some PWP never freeze.

 the end