>>As evidenced by the massive and rapidly broadening scope of scientific
>knowledge about genetics and bioengineering, the possibility of utilizing
>genetic engineering to significantly alter the course of humanity -- and to
>actually create a new version of "human" -- may not, in fact, be far off.<<
-- SJS

These concerns are not overblown.  Bioethics is extremely important and the
debate should be open to scientists, legislators, clergy and laypersons -
basically everyone - because we all have a stake in the outcome of the many
increasingly fast-passed lines of research.  It's up to us to raise the
level of discourse and participate in setting guidelines and rules.  Soon
enough there will be questions that make the abortion debate seem like
child's play.

-Ken Aidekman

Visit the Parkinson's Unity Walk website:  www.parkinsonwalk.org

Fund the Research.  Find the Cure.