Hi friends (AGAIN):

Now it's the  THANKSGIVING  HOLIDAY that poses a challenge to me:

I have no coverage so far for next Thursday night; Friday night; Saturday
night (Novvember 26-28.)
All 7 of my regular caregivers, including the 3 who cover my nights, are
away with their families.

Searching 9 substitutes and back-ups has not yet turned up anyone for
those nights.

The only lead I have is that a former caregiver, in New Jersey, may have
the time, but has not got transportation.  And there are uncertainties
about the expense involved. A child would have to come with him.

Checking Maine state resources, dead end.  Funding unavailable.
Even a doctor's order releases no OVERNIGHT help.

I wish people liike me had access to sALARY  FUNDS from somewhere instead
of this endless $6.25 / hr days, and $9.00 FOR THE ENTIRE NIGHT from
Meddicaid  resources.

I fear temporary  hospitalization-could risk losing my right to remain in
my Parkinson's-adapted home-Doug MccCorkle wrote us about this!!
Will start calling neighbors next...TOO MANY PHONE CALLS to do!!

Any brave souls travelling this way who could help?
Or other ideas on funding for CG"s for poorer  PWP's??

Troubled a bit<joke>,

Ivan

 Ivan Suzman        48/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses      deg. F   :-)