Hi everybody,

Earlier this week Bill and I exchanged postings re: behavior changes post
pallidotomy.  We both experienced obssessive/compulsive behavior.  I had
previously discussed this with my neuro who said that we know that there are
connections to the globus pallidus not only from the motor system, but also
from the limbic system which controls emotions and motivation.  Therefore it
makes sense that if you start putting lesions in  this area you may get some
behavior changes.

Have any of you on the list that have had pallidotomies experienced anything
in the way of behavior changes?

Tom Kelly 49/30/28
"Man is the only creature
endowed with the power