Bill Harrington wrote:

> 3 quick questions/comments
> Dale if your Parlodel is 5mg capsules I could sure use it
> new member from Sweden: why would anyone be more afraid of
> PD than MS. PD isn't great but I think we are slightly
> a little more fortunate than those with MS.
> Is there a seperate list servefor those  who have had Pallidotomies?
> I'd also like to echo tthe request for people who've developed
> obsessive/compulsive behaviour to share their knowledge/expeience.
> This may be a side effect more common than we know and not talked
> about due to embarassment. In my case it contributed greatly to
> the breakdown of my 18 year marriage.
> Bill
Bill Harrington: This is in response to your request for sharing about
obsessive compulsive behavior related to pallidotomies. I have noticed a
change that might rightly be called that, and my surgery was the
pallidal stimulation variety. The results may be similar. I followed
instructions and turned my devices off the first year or so , but have
been leaving them on all night most of the time for the past year or so.
My neurologist is aware of my keeping them on most of the time, but not
the behavior.
         I am sorry to hear of your marital problem, and I hope that I can
avoid that. I would really suffer if she were not supporting me so
well.  Thankyou for your sharing with us. Bill Olson 68, dx 1983. 1980