At 12:36 PM 11/20/98 ,Bonnie Cunningham wrote:
>FYI The number listed is no longer the number of the Parkinson Outreach
>Program (POP).  The new number for POP is our number at NPF headquarters,
>1-800-327-4545.

Pity, Bonnie - that old number was so easy to remember.

Regarding SUPPORT GROUPS, I intend to announce this to the list in a long
and boring post shortly, but why hide it now?  When I started posting the
Forum fotos, I decided I needed links to other sites.  So I started on what
I thought was a novel way to present links.  My links work is not complete,
but some may still find it useful.

On the way to completing the links work, I started to do the SUPPORT GROUP
page.  I found that there were several lists of support groups in the U.S.
- mostly one list from APDA and another from NPF.  They showed few support
groups in common.  My own group, DAPS (Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society),
over 500 members strong, showed up on neither.  Both lists contained lots
of clearly obvious errors.  So I stopped doing the links work and started
putting support groups into a useable form.

At this writing, I have completed the first go-round on all states except
New York and Ohio; these should be finished this weekend.  I'll try to
proof it a bit more.  I'll be looking at PDF lists and adding in Dale
Severance's work as it becomes available.  I think that despite my poor
Parkinson-affected typing, there are many fewer errors in my tables than in
my source material, and it is more comprehensive, too.  So there's no
reason you couldn't be using it now.

HOW DO YOU FIND IT?

Go to my web site - see my signature below - and click on links.  When the
links page comes up, scroll down to Organizations and click on Support
groups.  Scroll down on the page to find and choose the state listings.

HELP!

Please help me find errors, omissions, misspellings, the whole nine yards.
There must be more support groups like mine which are missing because they
have not affiliated with NPF or APDA.  Many meeting times are missing.
Others may have changed.  There must be support groups outside of the U.S.
and four provinces of Canada.  And there might easily be hundreds of
support groups where the contact name (and phone number) was (were) correct
last year but is (are) wrong today.  If you find anything like that,
please e-mail me.

In the same vein - any suggestions for the rest of the web site would be
appreciated too.

.Thanks,

Art

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377
 (nickname on instant mail, ICQ, and chat programs is cutterson)

   PAN Forum, other photos, and my approach to links:
         http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/