1773- Battles of Lexington and Concord; The American Revolution began after
English troops tried to steal guns
     from the colonists.

1783- Treaty of Paris; American Revolution ends. Since the English wanted to
end the war, the colonists received
     most of what they wanted, which was to recognize the United States as a
free and independent nation, and to
     recognize the countries borders.

Somewhere between the above two dates, the US of A probably stopped
observing the Queen's BD.

Darwin