Kathrynne Holden, MS,RD wrote:

> > http//arbl.cvmbs.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/index.htm

> CSU is my alma mater and I recognized one of my former profs, so I
> enjoyed navigating this site!

Glad it provided such an occasion.

> But bear in mind that the demonstration (if I'm referring to the
> same text you are, the site is pretty large) is with regard to a
> healthy animal.

I went back to check whether I had by mistake wandered into the
school of veterinary medicine.  I did see a menu option for "other
[i.e., non-human] digestive systems, herbivores/birds", but I didn't
go down that route.

Regarding the taking pills 30 minutes before meals rule, which I
assume to be a safe maximum time for them to reach the intestines:
there have been instances when I've taken pills at 4:30 or 5:00 p.m.,
didn't eat dinner until 7:00 or 8:00 p.m., and the pills never
started working until well after dinner -- so I wonder what I did
wrong.

Phil