Hi Martin,
I haven't found anything specific to PD with regard to adverse effects
of aspartame; however, here's a study that I think should stimulate
further research, at the very least. Because people with PD often
experience depression, I don't recommend aspartame use to my clients.
==============

Walton RG, Hudak R, and Green-Waite RJ.  Adverse reactions to aspartame:
double-blind challenge in patients from a vulnerable population.  Biol
Psychiatry 1993 Jul 1-15; 34(1-2): 13-7.

This study was designed to ascertain whether individuals with mood
disorders
are particularly vulnerable to adverse effects of aspartame.  Although
the
protocol required the recruitment of 40 patients with unipolar
depression and
a similar number of individuals without a psychiatric history, the
project was
halted by the Institutional Review Board after a total of 13 individuals
had
completed the study because of the severity of reactions within the
group of
patients with a history of depression.  In a crossover design, subjects
received aspartame 30 mg/kg/day or placebo for 7 days.  Despite the
small n,
there was a significant difference between aspartame and placebo in
number and
severity of symptoms for patients with a history of depression, whereas
for
individuals without such a history there was not.  We conclude that
individuals with mood disorders are particularly sensitive to this
artificial
sweetener and its use in this population should be discouraged.

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
"Nutrition you can live with!"