Below is a short collection of email addresses for network news shows and
the National Post newspaper in Canada.  I am sure we can gather up a lot
more of them and give them our feedback on the current publicity
information (and misinformation) about PD.  More publicity = more
research dollars so let's keep PD's face (masked or not) in front of the
TV cameras and in the national and local press.

I have already sent a message to CNN thanking them for their excellent
coverage and included some information posted to the list about the
testimony of Joan Samuelson, Mohammed Ali and others during the hearings
re the Udall Bill.  I thought then and still think that Joan Samuelson's
testimony was/is the most powerful piece I have ever read about
Parkinson's and its effect on our lives.

So...shall we compile our info and send it en masse to the media or
should we each take a few minutes and send a personal message about PD
and 'me'...or shall we do both?  Perhaps we could also nudge the national
groups to contact the media with up-to-date information about PD and the
medications and treatments available.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing