Camilla Flintermann said in response to Barb's Bogus:

> Barb Rager-- thanks for a forthright and honest account of the feelings
> that erupt when hopes are dashed so cruelly.  We need to be reminded that
> it IS our responsibility, and that being "educated"
> includes both openness to considering new ideas and cautious skeptism
until
> they are proven.

I most heartily agree w/Camilla that we pwp MUST learn about the disease,
treatment options and the side effects of each type.  We cannot blindly
follow even the advice of our medical advisors but should always ask
why....for what reason....with what effects....for how long and then with
that information in mind, make the decision of what is best for us.  I know
my neuro would probably prefer that I not come to each visit with a page or
two of questions, but he respects my needing to know why and expects the
questions from me.

Jeanette Fuhr 48/dx Nov. 97