> Next I started reading some abstracts of two sets of lectures on
> drug release mechanisms given by European pharmacy professors who are
> members of the Controlled Release Society, which I found at:
> http://www.medfarm.unito.pharmaco/itcrs/erasmus/erasma.html given in
> 1995 and http://www.unipr.it/arpa/dipfarm/erasmus/erasma.html

I couldn't connect to either of these URLs, so can't give a good answer
to your remaining questions.

> There seem to be problems with solid CR dosages at certain points in
> the cycle.

I can't be sure what the prof. is referring to; however, slowed
peristalsis is common in PD, and accounts for the increase in choking,
heartburn/reflux, delayed stomach emptying, and constipation. It may be
that this is what the professor was talking about.

> Controlled release mechanisms of various forms are still being worked
> on, and the solid dose form, represented by sinemet CR, may not be
> the last word or the best delivery form.  Until better forms appear,
> I wonder whether there are times in the various phases of the
> digestive and intradigestive processes when small frequent doses of
> regular sinemet might be better than CR.  Has anyone looked at this
> possiblity?

Yes, some neurologists recommend use of liquid Sinemet for certain
people.

> Or am I best off somehow adapting my food cycle to the
> limitations of my pill cycle?

That's a good question to take up with your neuro, and I recommend you
ask for a referral to a registered dietitian who can help you track
food-medication interactions.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--