I was listening to part of an NPR broadcast the other day on genes and
whether they contribute to things like addiction. There was some talk of
dopamine and serotonin levels and their relationship to a tendency toward
alcoholism. There was also mention of the fact that when withdrawing from
alcohol, some people shake. I'm just wondering whether anyone knows of (or
can speculate about) any connections between the dopamine/serotonin levels
and the shaking when withdrawing from alcohol and PD's tremor. I wish I
could recall which it was in alcoholics -- genetically high or low levels.

Debbie White