Wendy,
Very well said.  I forgot to mention that my experience with acupuncture
has been the liver and bladder meridians.
the liver does so much for the body--so many functions or seeviecs it
performs are generally unknown to or not understood by most people.  I
would like to see a dialogue begun by you about that--you know how to
get them ( the list) exploring.. maybe this one post will do it..
but example--the role it plays in blood sugar, hormone balance ,
filtering --and the miracle of regenereation that it possesses.   God
has given us a miracle
in that alone and we have refused it!
love
 becky