Ken,Probably because of the standard choir format - SATB (soprano, Alto,
Tenor, Bass)
Hilary Blue
PS, I also love Name that Tune. In South Africa there used to be a program
where one person would start  a  song and stop on a word. The next person
would have to pick  up with another song, starting on that same word. Did you
have any thing like that here? (Called 'going for a song")