 Ivan Suzman        48/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses  48    deg. F   :-)  warming up
URGENT update URGENT update URGENT - PWP Hilary Blue in Court in Virginia
to Reunite her Family

 I just spoke by telephone at 12:45 PM Eastern Standard Time (USA) ,with
a Mr. Barnaby Harkin, staff aide in the office of US Representative Tom
Davis, Republican of Virginia, who Hilary was told is 4th in line in the
Republican Party leadership in the US House of Representatives in
Washington.

The office tel no. is (202) 225-1492. Or FAX  (202) 225-3071.  Mr Harkin
was polite, but had never heard of the Udall Ac, and knew little about
the Parkinson's list, or the issues for which we as a community are
advocating.

 After he said to hold the line for what seemed like an interminable
half-minute, he told me that "quite a few calls" had come in already,
anxiously concerned about our listmember, Hilary Blue, who is in court as
I type this message, trying to get help from the State of Virginia,
battling to GET HER CHILDREN HOME and de-institutionalized. Her 2
daughters were taken away because social workers called her, due to her
Parkinson's Disease, an "unfit mother!"

 She travelled ALONE by plane to see me for 5 days in October.  Any
assertion that she is unfit is ludicrous.

Mr. Harkin said that calls have come in from New York, New England,
Washington, and Virginia, and from points further West.  These must be
OUR calls!  KEEP CALLING!

  He assured me that Rep. Davis would hear about the calls.  I asked him
what will be done?--he said the Annandale office of Viriginia social
services is being contacted. Hilary lives in Annandale.

I explained that with just a little bit of daily Personal Care Attendant
help and Housekeeper help, Hilary could REUNITE her family, and function
on a much higher level.  I explained that in Maine I can get up to 91
hours/week, that in Ohio, a listmember had 50+ hours /week and 2 nurse
visits to his home each month.

IT IS encouraging that Mr. Harkin already KNEW about the Hilary Blue
drama before I called, even if he was uninformed about the Udall
Parkinson's legislation,  of which Rep. Davis was a co-sponsor.

Please FLOOD the phone number above, (202) 225-1493 with calls on behalf
of Parkinson's activist Hilary Blue, who attended the PAN Forum last
June..  We can make a HUGE difference TODAY.

Ivan Suzman
Power to the Parkinsonian People

cc Parkinson's Action Network Office