At 23:36 1998/11/24 -0800, you wrote:
>Tallinn about silly songs, how 'bout "Abba zabba zabba zabba said the
>monkey to the chimp?"
>
>GAWD, that was THE goofiest song ever!  I remember it being sung as a
>duet, but can't recall who the singers were.   For some reason, Doris
>Day comes to mind, but don't quote me on that....

oh barb, now you've done it!

my sister and i sang this in two part harmony
at the ages of roughly 9 and 13
and were recorded for all eternity
somewhere in the wilds of scarborough, ontario
by a relative who was a fledgling techno/sound/nerd

-----
abba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba
said the monkey to the chimp
abba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba
said the chimpee to the monk

all day long they'd jabber and play
all night long so happy and gay
singin' and swingin' in a honkey tonkin' way

abba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba
monk i love but you
abba dabba dabba in monkey talk
means chimp i love you too

the big baboon one night in june
he married them and they were soon
abba dabba dabba on their abba dabba honeymoon
-----

hah! lololo!
anybody remember the name?
the 'original' recording stars?

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/