Hilary-- I recall, "Yes, we have no bananas,-- we have no bananas today "
(which did echo Oh bring back my bonnie to me.  ) I think it then went on
to name rapidly the other fruits etc we *did* have, but  I can't verify the
"dreamt I dwelt in marble halls part"  .  Oh well---you mother probably
knew what she was singing about!

>This one really has to be the last one - do you remember'Yes, we have no
>bananas'? My mother claimed it was totally plagiarized, except for the one
>word 'Bananas' -
>everything else came from another song,, something like this
>
>Halleluia,bananas
>O bring back my bonnie to me
>I dealt I dwelt in marble halls...
>
>I don't  remember the rest; Mom could identify all the other tunes, and sing
>it right through to the end. Ha s anybody else ever heard this?
>
>Hilary Blue

        ---just for fun!........ Camilla        <[log in to unmask]>

                          Laughter--    :-)   :-)
                             the best medecine !