> A friend told me that the generic name for Vasotec is very close to Eldepryl

The generic name is Enalapril, an ACE inhibitor that I take for
hypertension.

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/drugdb/050.html

enalapril /Enalaprillat™, Vasotec™ ANTIHYPERTENSIVE: ACE
Inhibitor:

enzyme (ACE) inhibitor used in the treatment of hypertension and
congestive heart failure. It has become a first- line agent for treating
heart failure due to its proven reduction of mortality, and, in November
1993, it was approved for use in the early stages of heart failure to
slow progression of the disease. Enalapril is longer-acting than
captopril but shorter-acting than other ACE inhibitors and is usually
dosed twice daily when given orally. In some patients, once-daily dosing
may be acceptable. Neither enalapril nor enalaprilat contains a
sulfhydryl group, which has implications regarding the drug's adverse
reaction profile. Enalapril was originally approved by the FDA in
December 1985. Its patent will expire in February 2000.<snip>
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                         ^^^