Dear friends on the List

Briefly....as your occasional commentator on what we all hear.....about
tolcapone (Tasmar):

I have scheduled an appointment with my neurologist, and will continue on
 Tasmar.  I started on just 50 mg/ day ( 2 x 25) with IMMEDIATE
improvement.  100 has always been too strong  a dose for me.  Using the
pill cutter.  Later restricted 1st dose to mid-morning,  not
pre-breakfast.

After 9 months, still making wonderful improvement-increased many of my
on-periods from 1.5 to 2 hours each, to 3 hours per on-period.  Today had
two consecutive 10-minute off periods linked to 2 smooth and comfortable
3-hour on-periods!!!!  Best day imaginable.

Now I use 25, 50,50,50 50 for a 225 mg daily total.  My body weight is 73
kg.

JRBruman argues that 3/60000 deaths could be explained by normal 3/60000
rate of viral attack on liver.

So I am listening to my body, ever-watchful, and onwards with Tasmar.

Plus it reduces intestinal blockage caused by PD and by Sinemet.

Plus Sinemet only 800/24 hour day -had been 1600

Gerry Haines and Brig you are not alone.

How about it folks?  Is my secret that I only use a maximum of 50 mg per
dose, so my exposure is more gradual.? I have been  pushing for 25 mg and
50 mg tablets.  Less risk!!
Be kind to thy body it is a  holy temple.

Now for all this great PR, Roche should pay for a decent salary for my
caregivers so that I am not endlessly exhausted trying to find underpaid
caregivers at $6.25/hour.   Roche you now owe me something MAJOR to
stabilize my CG system.  The politics of publicity.

Ivan Suzman. Portland Maine USA
 49 (today is my birthday)/39/36
reknowned PD advocate
also known as Professor Ivan......