Judith,
I may be wrong, but I think you misinterpreted Stephan's post. I read it as
a fairly feeble (sorry Stephan) attempt at humor or at most some sarcasm
with respect to the disease "going Hollywood". Then again, there may be a
lot of truth in it becoming a trendy disease. I think that would be great in
light of what has happened with respect to AIDS and the emphasis of
publicity and research funding that generated. What ever it takes as long as
it is moral and legal. The end does justify the means.

Something I have never understood is the tendency of people to hide their
afflictions. Of what possible benefit is that? I can understand in terms of
an employment situation, etc., but mostly I feel we might as well face
reality and get on with life. Wallowing in self pity and remorse does
nothing toward having a quality and enjoyable life. I'm going to take the
hand dealt me and play it till the game is over! God can fill me in on the
reasons my life wasn't what I totally desired when I see him in person.

Darwin Hawkins 60/5