My mother Joyce (69, diagnosed with PD 2/97 then rediagnosed with
striatonigral degeneration 9/98) just increased her SInemet dose from 1
25/100 3x/day to 1.5 25/100 3x/day. This is in combination with Requip and
Artane. She said she felt a bit better today after starting the increase.

Looking back, she has always felt a bit better after taking a new drug --
though not dramatically better. What is also the case, however, is that the
benefit of any particular drug doesn't seem to last more than, say, a
month.

Is this unusual? The reason I am so interested in this is that her
Parkinson's Plus diagnosis is, in part, due to her poor response to PD
drugs. I'm wondering whether what I have described is, in fact, a poor
response. Any thoughts? As always, thanks.
And for those in the US, have a wonderful Thanksgiving -- there is always
something to be thankful for.

Debbie White