Bruce-- I wish it were that simple--and that everyone could afford " a
decent size check"-- BUT Ivan has said in the past that money COULD NOT BE
SENT TO HIM without jeopardizing his medicaid income--any gifts for use
with CGs would have to be chanelled somehow so that they were not given
"TO" him, but "FOR " him, which means some sort of intermediary would be
needed--if I've misunderstood that, Ivan will correct me.

>Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.
>There may NOT be an Ivan problem, but there ALSO IS an Ivan problem, which
>can be SOLVED, quickly, by the simple expedient of everyone here who cares
>about the man & what he has done this year for the cause, and/OR seeks a
>solution to a moral dilemma that might make them feel good, sending him a
>decent size check.
>
>Problem solved for him for however long the money lasts.  Meanwhile, work
>on the societal issue.  Just don't volunteer to be the collector - you
>might be accused of "commercializing" the List, like I was.  Just E-mail
>him privately and ask him for his address.
>

>No intention to pick on Camilla and Rita
>

> From: Camilla Flintermann <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Medicaid pays caregivers only $9.00 for ENTIRE nig
>>
>> I agree here also-- there is Ivan, whom we know of and worry about, but
>how
>> many Ivans are there out there?  It is a BIG problem, because just to
>take
>> up a "collection" from Ivan's (or anyone's ) friends would not solve the
>> longtime problem of continuing care needed by anyone in this situation.
>> The resources to deal with these problems have to come from "society" or
>> "government",
>>

> From: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: Re: Medicaid pays caregivers only $9.00 for ENTIRE night
>> This is not an Ivan problem, this is a societal issue that good economic
>times
>> are not easy times to hire menial (however important) tasks.   The need
>is for

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9+
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for