Linda, you quoted Reuters as saying:

"said Fox is in the 'late mild' stage of Parkinson's and that he is
hopeful..."

Hmmmm.... (thinking)  Does ANYONE have *VOLUNTARY*  BRAIN SURGERY
when they're in the "late MILD" stage of a disease?"

Technically, that MAY be what the medical profession calls feeling
so-
rotten-that-ANYTHING-including-voluntary-brain-surgery-is-preferable-
to-life-as-it-is.   But REALISTICALLY (and speaking as a Parkie who
had a very successful unilateral pallidotomy 4 years ago...), when ya
finally hit the stage where voluntary brain surgery looks like the
ONLY OPTION, well, THAT'S *NOT* a "late MILD stage of ANY disease!

When your back's against the wall, and you have little or no quality
of life,  when you begin to think that ANY form of treatment,
including voluntary experimental brain surgery has GOT to be better
than life as it is... hanging onto your sanity (and not always
succeeding) by a thread. in MY book, that's definitely not "late
MILD" stage.

Medical professionals, and news media moguls, THINK about what you're
saying, huh?  Step outside the conventional box and THINK!

Sheeeesh!  The guy has a terrible, chronic, degenerative disease, is
young, has a great job, devoted wife and 3 little kids, plus a huge
following, and his condition is SO bad that he opts for voluntary
brain surgery as a last resort, and THAT'S called, "late MILD?"

GET REAL!  WE know the difference between "late MILD," and feeling
like sh*t - why can't YOU put together two and two and come up with
four?!?

Barb Mallut (spending the weekend perched on soapbox) b<grin>
[log in to unmask],com