Hi Sonia of Denmark,

Wonderful  to hear from you again!

My neuro told me on the phone yesterday that because he agrees to allow
us to CUT the Tasmar pills, and take a small amount at the beginning,
either 25 mg or 50 mg, we can slowly titrate upwards while slowly
diminishing our Sinemet or generic carbidopa/levodopa pills.

So we are on low, carefully watched doses.  My total of 225 to 250 mg per
day seems optimal for me, and my Sinemet has dropped from 1500 to 900
mg..  I think that the Tasmar is only dangerous if prescribed in
too-large doses like 200 mg each.  This might cause diarrhea and liver
overloading.  But that's just a feeling I have, not a scientific
statement!

Ivan  :-)
 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   37   deg. F   :-)