I agree Bill.
So far I have heard people say that they we should be thankful because
he got it and he is rich and famous (I really hope that i read that one
wrong)
MJF has always been known to be a light hearted person at least on the
air. I didn't see any of his shows that he was on that he spoke about
having PD, wish I would have tho.
When you are an actor alot of your work is appearance.  And if he wanted
to have the surgery why not let him and just be happy for him that he
came out successful instead of being so critical?  So what if he can
afford it better than most of us can.  If he can afford it, why not do
it, if he wants it?
I am sorry that he has it, but no more sorry than I am that any of you
or someone in your family has it.
Now people question whether or not his surgery was warranted, so how
does one decide whether or not your surgery is warranted?
I bet that he goes through all the same fears and doubts as anyone with
PD does, not to mention the frustration and anger at the disease itself.
Maybe we should think of Michael J. Fox as an individual more than an
extra edge for media attention.  Maybe he will help as another
individual PWP, but he is in an even less advantageous spot than Janet
Reno.
Laurie