Hi Gila-- I assume you know about the digest option for the list, if that
would help you handle the volume. Also, the CARE list for CGs has much less
traffic.
As for an alternative list, that's something we've discussed several times,
but never could agree on. There are of course PD chat rooms, but not
everyone wants to go to them,(OR CAN)  and we usually have ended up with 2
"solutions"---
        1.  use descriptive titles for your posts
        2.  use the delete key as freely as necessary

Maybe your kind offer will be accepted, but if not, the above would explain
why.....and may I invite you to try the CARE list as an alternative?
Everyone starts off with both lists, but there are others who find it too
much, and just remain on CARE.

SNIPPED
>However, I too am feeling pretty overwhelmed by the mail. Like Wendy,
>I may also sign off soon. I've been thinking about an alternative -- a
>separate list for off-topic matters and friendly chit-chat.
>
>I manage a number of lists and would gladly start up and run this list
>so that I could cut down on mail volume.
>
>Is anyone opposed to this idea?
>
>Gila Jones
>

>Nita Andres wrote:
>>
>> Wendy explained to me (off list) that she has a tremendous amount of
>>e-mail due to a tourist business (and others) she is in. It was not the
>>list mail that overwhelmed her. It was the sum total. I have sent her the
>>information on genetic PD studies I have (which I got from the list). I
>>asked her if I
>> could convey this information to the list. Do not think she was chased
>>off the list by our jokes and song talk. She was not In fact she enjoyed
>>those. She has a limited amount of  time. Nita
>>
>> Wendy Lee wrote:
>>
>> > Dear Barb and others
>> >
>> > I'm afraid I have to un-subscribe to the Parkinson's list because I
>>can't deal with the volume of mail!   I will keep checking the websites
>>for info about Parkinson's for my father, and would welcome any
>>individual messages in future re the genetic aspect of PD.  Thanks, and
>>best wishes to you all.
>> >
>> > Wendy Lee
>> >
>> > "Sevenoaks"
>> > PO Box 212