Dear All: Barb, I certainly agree with you about the press sugar coating
our situation & you are 100% right that they get their info from our pD
organizations;
from what I've seen of the experts from the PD foundation, I should be
able to control my tremors with sinemet alone, be able to hold down a 10
hr a day job & have a rosy outlook for years & years! These expert have
never bothered to check my situation out. But, WHY?, are they trying to
protect the public? Isn't this the same public that hears how bad Lou
Gehrig's Disease is & how the only way to handle that is to call in Dr.
Jack to kill you on national TV? Is this the same public that we can't
scare because it MIGHT upset them-those folks who look at jerry springer
as entertainment? The same folks who...ah heck, I could go on & on but
we all get the picture!! Can someone tell me why we have to protect the
general population from the shocking reality of PD-when Howard Stern
makes a fortune being a shock-jock? I don't get it. Maybe it is time to
start asking-no demanding that our organizations represent the real
world that you & I inhabit every day!
In the meantime, I think that bad publicity may have to be better than
no publicity
at all. I'm not really mad-I think my husband calls it pms!  Love To all

--
---
Joan Snyder  (47/10/8) <[log in to unmask]>   Peoria,IL