As I was reading a couple of messages this evening as well as the more recent
PAN newsletter, I  need an answer to the following question:

We are given figures re: the gap in PD specific research vs. related
research........has
anyone run those figures for another disease group and NIH spending?  Or are
 we discussing with this "gap" in figures the typical balance in NIH
allocation re: research dollars/disease.   In other words, if "Missing Vowel
Disease spending were shown at $200 million" would that upon closer
examination actually be "MVD spending at 60 million and "excess consonant
spending at "140 million"? (sorry folks, I didn't want to pick on any specific
disease group).

I would like to know how strong an argument we have with these statistics
before quoting this "gap" too many times.

Rita Weeks 54/9