Yesterday, Sunday, MSNBC had an extensive presentation about Parkinsons. It
was part of a program called Michael J. Fox - a Role of a Lifetime. The
program covered much of his career, but more of it was on Parkisons. There
was extensive coverage by Dr. Ali Rezai of the NYU Hospital for Jt.
Diseases. It dealt with symptoms, treatments, research and what is so
important to many of us, it stressed the vulnerability of the Young Onsets
and that disease is progressive - that the end stage are inevitable unless
we find the cure. Jodi Applegate, of MSNBC, was the interviewer. The program
referred the reader to their www site, msnbc.com, for links to other
programs on PD and to the Parkinsons Disease Foundation for further information.
        Query. Why did we not hear about this on the list. I posted a
message yesterday which was ignored. Someone in NYC, attached to NYU or part
of a support group, must have known about the upcoming program. Why weren't
we informed. The PDF seemed to have been involved. Why didn't they tell us?
Is there a significant gap in our connections among us, our institutions and
the media?
        Jules, cg for Doris 75/5