When I was first diagnosed, at Mayo Clinic & my neuro concurred; I had
no idea of what to expect-I was slim & in shape & could run rings around
the other mom's up at school. "Piece of cake" thought I! But the PD was
patient & insidious. The nurse at my neuro's office once mentioned going
to a support group, but we both agreed that it would be
counter-productive for me to see individuals with full-blown PD. I would
just get depressed & besides, I wasn't ever going to get that bad! While
I struggled to get my SS Disability, PD took hold and never let go.
Looking back, I wonder now if my choice was the right one. Had I known
that I would indeed be one of those drooling, stumbling, frightened
people that I was so afraid of, what would I have done differently:
Would I have gotten my son's baby book filled up like his sister's now
that my handwriting is in the toilet? Would I have played with my kids
more, talked more, prayed more, made love to my husband more? I'll never
know but I like to think maybe I would have done something different had
I known then how truly limited my time was to be.

--
---
Joan Snyder  (47/10/8) <[log in to unmask]>   Peoria,IL